Welcome to my new blog series “No Excuses in Real Estate,” where my goal is to build you up so that you can find the kind of success you’ve been striving for.
Many people ask why I named my company Dream Real Estate. It’s pretty simple—my dream was to own my own business, and so I made it happen. Only a very small percentage of people in the industry make it, but the common denominator among those who do succeed is that they’ve started their own business.
To start your own business and take control of your own success, take the following steps:
- Start your own LLC. This is actually a very simple process. It only costs around $40 and takes about five minutes to complete, but it is critical.
- Get a business banking account. When I started my LLC, all my commissions went into my business bank account. It makes life so much easier when you’re doing your taxes.
- Create a Facebook page. Your broker won’t do this for you; this is something you’ll have to manage on your own.
- Get a website or a subdomain. When you own your own business, you’re responsible for your branding.
- Get CRM software. Contact relations management software is how you’ll manage all your leads.
The bottom line is this: You have to take responsibility for your own life if you want to own your own business. If you haven’t taken any of the steps I’ve mentioned above, start it now.
For more tips on creating and managing your own business, I recommend that you read “The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It.” This is a great book for business owners, and every Realtor should have a copy. It’ll change your life.
Hopefully this information was helpful to you. If you have any questions about owning your own business or need tips to help you succeed, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. Remember: You can make excuses or you can make money, but you can’t make both.